The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy is a pioneer and a driver of bioeconomy research. We create the scientific foundation to transform agricultural, food, industrial and energy systems into a comprehensive bio-based circular economy. We develop and integrate techniques, processes and management strategies, effectively converging technologies to intelligently crosslink highly diverse bioeconomic production systems and to control them in a knowledge-based, adaptive and largely automated manner. We conduct research in dialogue with society - knowledge-motivated and application-inspired.
For the project "Digital Twin for Condensation Management during Cold Storage of Fruits (Fruity-Twin)", we are looking for the following person to assist during laboratory work as soon as possible
The objective of the joint project is to develop a digital twin to achieve optimal cooling and condensation control in apple storage. The position to be filled includes assistance of the technical and scientific works in the project, especially regarding sensors, data logging, micro-controllers and data streaming in lab-based apple cold storage room. The project is in cooperation with University of Bremen and work will take place at ATB, Potsdam.
· Support the project in sensor calibration, programming, sensor fabrication, and soldering
· Preparation of experimental setup, perform analysis, handling of experimental data
Integrate the live-sensor data to the twin platform with the communication system
· Enrolment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme in one of the following fields of study: Electronics/Electrical/Mechatronics/Systems Engineering or Communication & Information Technology
· Knowledge of electronic sensors, programming, and network data handling
· Interest in interdisciplinary cooperation at the interface of food science, process control, and digital technologies
· Willingness to work in the laboratory, ability to work in a team, reliability, personal commitment and ability to work independently
· Very good knowledge of English, knowledge of German is an advantage
European driving license class B is an advantage
· An attractive, interdisciplinary working environment in a international team of experienced and scientists and technicians
· Excellent infrastructure for carrying out scientific work
· Access to national and international networks for your scientific career
· Family-friendly working conditions that promote the compatibility of work and family life
· Company-owned electric bicycles and business cars for work trips
Our institute is located on the edge of a picturesque park-like landscape and is easy to reach by public transport or by bike
The position is for 10 hours/week and limited to 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
The salary is depending on your degree (12.41 Euros without / 12.72 Euros with Bachelor’s degree).
We are looking forward to receiving your application, including a strong motivation letter, CV and all credentials with grades by the following deadline March 31, 2024 using ATB’s online application form for the job advertisement, code 2024-3-1, at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/career/vacancies. Applications received after the application deadline cannot be considered.
Equality of opportunity is part of our personnel policy. Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be preferentially considered.
By submitting an application, you agree that your job application documents will be stored for a period of six months, even in the case of an unsuccessful application. Further information on the processing, storage and protection of your personal data can be found https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/services/data-protection-declaration-for-the-application-process .