The group Thin films and nanostructures
(Prof. Dr. Michael Huth) at the Institut of Physics, Department of Physics at the Goethe University offers two position of a
Research Assistant (PhD student) (m/f/d)
(E13 TV-G-U, 75% part-time)
limited for a period of 3 years starting at 1st of May 2023. The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
We offer the positions for collaboration in the project „Highly miniaturized sensors for glucose concentration monitoring“. The project is interdisciplinary with partners from industry, chemical and medical sciences.
The successful applicant will
- Optimize the thin film growth of piezoelectric materials for surface acoustic wave applications
- Design and test surface acoustic wave resonator structures
- Realize a prototypical surface acoustic wave sensor for pressure detection
Practical experience in at least one of the research areas listed below is required:
- Thin film fabrication (sputtering) and characterization
- Surface acoustic wave devices
- High-frequency electronics and/or wireless communication technology
A master or diploma degree in condensed matter physics, materials science or electrical engineering is expected.
The applicants can expect a multidisciplinary and dynamic working environment with exciting research topics in a motivated team.
Please submit your electronic application (including CV, motivation letter and other information or references) to Prof. Dr. Michael Huth (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Please do not send original documents, as they will not be returned. The documents of applicants who have not been considered will be destroyed after the selection procedure. Travel and application costs cannot be reimbursed.