At Helmut Schmidt University / University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg (HSU / UniBw H), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Professorship for Psychological Methods (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Hecht), a position is available from the next possible date
/ for a
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(salary group 13 TVöD / German civil service pay scale; 29,25 hours per week)
for a limited period of 2 years.
- Research and publication activities in the field of psychological methods, preferably in the areas causal inference, psychometrics, longitudinal data analysis, machine learning, Bayesian statistics, multi-level and structural equation modeling, computational efficiency, optimal design
- Preparation of grant proposals
- Methods and statistics consulting
- Teaching of methods and statistics courses and teaching-related tasks to the extent of basically 2 trimester hours per week in principle held at HSU / UniBw H
- Possibility of further academic qualification (e.g. doctorate or habilitation)
- Carrying out general administrative work as well as academic activities in academic self-administration
- A completed university degree [Diplom (univ.) or Master] in Psychology, Statistics or related fields
- Excellent knowledge in the field of psychological methods and statistics
- Skills in statistics software (especially R)
- Knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- Proactivity, reliability, teamwork and communication skills
- Independent, creative, and structured working methods
- Mathematical and statistical analytical skills
- Willingness to reduce any language deficits through further training
Features of this position:
- The position is suitable for both doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers.
- Teaching courses are always held in presence at the HSU / UniBw H.
- Capital-forming benefits
- Annual bonus payment
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- HVV-ProfiTicket (job ticket) with employer subsidy if the necessary requirements are met
- You will benefit from targeted personnel development and an extensive range of further training and education opportunities.
- Budget-friendly meals in the campus canteen with three meals a day
- You have the opportunity to participate in company health measures (for more information, see: www.hsu-hh.de/bgm/).
- Free parking on the campus grounds
- Possibility of using the Bundeswehr's own car-sharing service (for more information, go to: www.bwcarsharing.de).
For questions related to scientific or technical aspects, please contact Univ.‑Prof. Dr. Hecht, Tel.: 040/6541‑3684 or by e‑mail: email@example.com
The employment is based on the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD) in conjunction with the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG). In principle, the activities correspond to pay group 13 (E 13). However, the actual classification depends on the fulfilment of the relevant collective agreement and personal requirements.
Applications from women are expressly encouraged. Women will be given preferential consideration in areas in which they are underrepresented, if they demonstrate the same eligibility, capabilities and professional performance, provided that the reasons relating to the person of a competitor do not prevail. We expressly welcome applications from severely disabled persons and persons with equivalent disabilities. Severely disabled persons and their equals will be given preferential consideration in cases of equal suitability, ability and professional performance. Only a minimum level of physical aptitude is required of them. The fulfilment of further prerequisites of the job announcement is considered individually.
More information about the university and the professorship can be found at: www.hsu-hh.de
Please send your application with the usual documents exclusively in electronic form (pdf file), quoting the reference number GeiSo-0623, by 05.04.2023
Information on data protection in the application process can be found on the website www.hsu-hh.de
under the heading “Universität – Karriere – Datenschutzinformationen”.
Applications without reference number will not be considered and will be deleted immediately for data protection reasons.