The Department of Dermatology is known for its distinguished procedures in the field of clinical dermato-oncology. Close collaboration between the clinical routine and innovative research groups provides the basis for high-level translational research. The Laboratory of Experimental Dermatology is embedded into the infrastructure of the newly founded National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) providing highest standards for translational research. The Laboratory of Experimental Dermatology is seeking for a highly motivated PhD student.
Starting at the next possible Point of Start we offering a
PhD position in Translational Melanoma Research (f/m/x)
The candidate will investigate the activation platform of nuclear caspase-8 in malignant melanoma in a translational approach. Our Lab is specifically interested in dissecting
signal transduction networks within malignant melanoma, aiming to identify alternative therapeutic targets.
- an excellent Master degree with publication record
- proven experience in the experimental work with primary cell culture
- good knowledge in biochemistry (immunoprecipitation, Western-blot analysis)
- expertise in molecular biology (cloning, sh/siRNA knock-down, CRISPR-Cas9 technology, cell death assays)
- skills in sequence and database analysis
- ability and motivation to work independently
- good knowledge of written and spoken English
- team working skills
- the infrastructure of the newly founded National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) providing highest standards for translational Research
- the possibility to work in an inspiring interdisciplinary and collaborative Environment
- flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- an internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital Health Center
Women are encouraged to apply. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
Applicants should submit a full CV, motivation letter, list of publication and a motivation letter including a description of previous research experiences and contact details or recommendation letters of three referees with registration number DER0923650 until April 15th 2023 via the recruiting tool
of the Technical University of Dresden.
For further Information please contact Prof. Dagmar Kulms (0351-458-18973 or via email: email@example.com