Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
TENURE-TRACK POSITION AT THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL AND
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colombia,
invites applications for a full-time tenure track or tenured faculty position, with an anticipated starting
date July 2016. Uniandes is the leading independent private university in Colombia. Established in 1948,
is it among the best Latin American universities and is included in worldwide rankings of outstanding
universities. Uniandes has a commitment to quality teaching and research. For further information,
please visit the university's website at (http://www.uniandes.edu.co).
Interested candidates must have proven ability in carrying out scientific and applied research projects, such as the
ability to develop and sustain an active research program with external funding. This implies candidates should preferably
possess the necessary skills to obtain said funding. Applicants must have earned a Ph.D. and must also have exemplary
records of achievements in research as post-doctoral student, assistant professor, junior professor, or university
researcher. Teaching ability and commitment to teaching are essential. Candidates should also have very good teaching
skills and they're expected to be completely fluent in English. Spanish is not essential for the application, but it
will be expected as teaching language after the first year.
The Department is looking for applicants with expertise in some of the following areas:
- Integration of hydraulic and hydrologic models including climate change
- Artificial intelligence applied to design and control of hydraulic systems
- Potable water and sewerage networks modeling
- Urban rainwater systems modeling or computational fluid dynamics applied on urban water.
- River hydrologic modeling, including sediments transport, flooding or morphological changes.
- Sustainable water distribution systems
- Hydroclimatology, catchment hydrology or Ecohydrology
- Groundwater hydrology with surface quantity and quality interactions
- Water resources engineering and sustainable water infrastructure
Head of the Department
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Universidad de los Andes
Screening of applications will begin on March 20, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Departamento de Ingeniería Civil y Ambiental