Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Lucerne - Department Technology and Architecture is the leading educational and research institution in central Switzerland for architecture and technology. It offers bachelor and master degrees and pursues research and development. In a total of six departments the University of Applied Sciences and Arts occupies 1’600 employees and educates 10’500 students. Our Thermal Energy Storage Research Group focuses on energy storage technologies and energy system analysis. We are involved in the national research network «Swiss Competence Center for Energy Research (SCCER) Storage of Heat and Electricity».
Senior Scientist Energy Storage Assessment
- Responsibility for the domain «assessment of energy storage systems» focusing on the techno-economic evaluation of future energy systems with regard to energy storage
- Acquisition, project management and treatment of research projects in the field of «assessment of energy storage»
- Close collaboration with the partners of the national SCCER research network and with international research partners
- Publication of research results in peer reviewed journals and presentations at international conferences
- Active contribution to the decision making regarding the research strategy of the group thermal energy storage
- Co-supervision of student projects
- If desired: Participating in teaching of the classes energy storage, thermodynamics, process engineering and environmental engineering
- PhD degree in engineering, business engineering or physics
- Deep knowledge in energy technology, techno-economic analysis and energy storage
- Excellent English and German skills, both written and spoken
- Realization of research projects in the domain of energy technologies
- Project management, presentation skills, rapid familiarization with new topics
- Creative, team-minded, costumer oriented, communicative and eager for knowledge
- Entrepreneurial thinking and enthusiasm for tackling complex problems
We propose you a responsible and diversified job in a highly innovative field of research within a motivated and openminded team. You are offered the occasion to enlarge your technical knowledge, gain valuable experience and to contribute your own ideas and knowledge to an environment of research and teaching in an interdisciplinary and creative way. The place of work is in the attractive location in Horw/Lucerne. For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Jörg Worlitschek, head of the research group Thermal Energy Storage +41 41 349 39 57 or visit www.hslu.ch/technik-architektur.