Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Lucerne School of Information Technology is the first school in a Swiss university of applied sciences to be devoted to IT. The new Zug-Rotkreuz campus offers bachelor degree programmes in Digital Ideation, Information Technology and Business Information Technology and master's degree programmes in Engineering and Business Information Technology. Rounding out the School's offer are attractive continuing education courses and applied research and services. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1600-plus staff and 10,800 or so degree and continuing education students.
Scientific Programmer in Machine Learning (80-100%)Your tasks
- You conduct state-of-the-art research in industrial machine learning projects jointly with lecturers and scientific collaborators
- You take on responsibility for work packages in research projects and investigate research questions independently by developing implementation concepts and solution proposals for our industrial partners
- You support our research team in proposal writing and the acquisition of new research projects
- You supervise student projects at Bachelor and Master level
- Active involvement in lecturing is possible according to agreement
- PhD in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Experience in (industrial) machine learning projects, especially based on deep learning methods
- Knowledge in computer vision and natural language processing is an advantage
- Solid analytical and conceptual skills
- High motivation to bring innovative systems to industrial maturity; this requires good programming competencies
- Fluent in English and basic knowledge of German; we expect willingness to learn German
- You contribute actively to our self-organizing research team
- Interesting and challenging job with high degree of self-responsibility in a professional environment with flexible working hours
- Open-minded and dynamic corporate culture with focus on achieving results
- Active involvement in the build-up of a new computer science department with internationally renowned experts
We are looking forward to your https://www.hslu.ch/en/careers/ application.