Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Graduate School of Excellence Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena invites applications for the position of the
The JSMC has been funded by the German Excellence Initiative since 2007 with a substantial extension of funding and scope in 2012. It formed the breeding ground for a number of joint research projects that are centrally coordinated by the JSMC Office. The scientific network centred around the JSMC currently encompasses 15 university institutes from 5 different faculties including the university hospital, 7 non-university research institutions, 12 companies, 3 Collaborative Research Centres, the Leibniz ScienceCampus InfectoOptics, and the consortium InfectControl 2020. More than 150 doctoral researchers are educated in a future-oriented, multidisciplinary training program based on top-level fundamental research in the numerous scientific fields surrounding the topic of Microbial Communication.
Reg.-No. 240/2016 (was already posted under Reg. No. 109 / 2016)
- A doctoral degree in the natural sciences, ideally thematically close to microbial communication
- Comprehensive career mentoring and sociocultural support, in particular for our non-German doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
- A highly integrative, well-structured personality with outstanding organizing skills
- A substantial contribution to the further conceptual and scientific development of the JSMC
- The ability to enforce adherence to schedules in teamwork at the interface between research, administration and funding bodies
- Preparation of grant applications, reports and other documents
- Experience in grant acquisitions and the budgeting of major project grants
- Competence in the conception, organization and execution of scientific events
- Development and maintenance of international and industry contacts as well as the JSMC alumni network
- Proficiency in German and English (written and oral)
- International experience
- The responsible co-ordination of an internationally renowned graduate school of excellence within a highly motivated team in close collaboration with its executive board
- A multifaceted and complex research environment with an open atmosphere and strong interdisciplinary collaborations
- A close collaboration of university and extra university research institutions and their management boards
- A network of partners in science and industry
- An open-minded and cooperative atmosphere between the involved persons and institutions
- A challenging task in the highly dynamic and family-friendly culture and science region Jena-Weimar
- Katja Präfcke (+49 3641 9-30421, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Dr. Axel Brakhage (+49 3641 532 1001, email@example.com)
Written applications with reference to Reg. No. 240/2016 can be sent to:
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Dezernat für Personalangelegenheiten, Fürstengraben 1, 07743 Jena, Germany
Please submit your application documents as copies as they are destroyed properly after the completion of this application process.
Please also take account of the information for applicants at www.uni-jena.de/stellenmarkt_hinweis.html