Do you like advanced image processing? Are you keen on performing research and development targeting light field technologies
and algorithms, which will be used in the movie and communication industry? Do you have a passion to create media experiences that are
much more realistic than today by combining high resolution and high dynamic range with the possibility to navigate the captured content
by using VR glasses?
LIGHT FIELD IMAGE PROCESSING
Then send us your application!
- Creation of light field content with high dynamic range using camera arrays and computer modeled scenes
- Design and improvement of image processing algorithms that transform the source content into a high-quality light field or 3D mesh covering important scene details such as specularities or fine-grained details
- Optimization of the data representation to cope with the huge data volumes necessary
- Development of prototype code in MATLAB and C++ to evaluate and test algorithmic solutions
- Publication of scientific papers and contribution to standardization efforts in JPEG and MPEG
- A completed academic degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering qualifying for PhD study
- Expertise in programming in MATLAB and C/C++ and optionally OpenCV
- Knowledge in multi-camera image processing e.g. epipolar geometry, disparity estimation, multi-view stereo, 3D reconstruction or photogrammetry
- Dedication for performing top-level research within an international network of researchers
- Enrollment in a PhD program in collaboration with Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Two secondments to project partners within the European Training Network
- Diverse and challenging research and development projects with a high practical relevance
- An excellent working atmosphere within an international team of researchers
- Initial skill adaptation training as well as a broad selection of continuing education
- Salary is according to the Horizon 2020 specifications and the position is limited to three years
- Preferred start between March and May 2018
At the time of recruitment, the candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the application. This is an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position in the framework of the project RealVision (Horizon 2020 MARIE SKŁODOWSKA-CURIE ACTIONS). Applicants shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree that would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Would you like to work for us? Then we would be delighted to receive your full written application (PDF format, cover letter, CV, certificates and references) sent with the code IIS-2017-90a to: Claudia Kestler-Böhm, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions can be addressed to:
Dr. Joachim Keinert
You can find information about the institute online at: