We are looking for a highly motivated and talented researcher m/f sharing our spirit of turning pioneering scientific research into groundbreaking innovations. If you want to contribute your ideas for making this a reality, join us at our institute at Offenbach am Main, Germany.
Understanding their environmental and their situational context is a key capability for interacting
robots and intelligent agents. This requires them to establish connections between
objects and actions sensed from the environment with concepts from their internal world
Machine Learning + Knowledge Representation
The combination with reasoning allows such systems to make inferences that support their real-world operation. Additionally, it is necessary to continuously extend the knowledge representation to enable a flexible operation in open environments.
- Scientific research and technological contributions in the fields of knowledge representation, knowledge incorporation and consolidation, inference, logic, approximate reasoning and reasoning with uncertainty
- Development of new algorithms and concepts for incremental common-sense knowledge acquisition using machine learning and reasoning in real-world scenarios
- Contribution to the implementation and validation of interactive prototypes in real-world scenarios for robots or intelligent agents
- Publication and presentation of research results in top-ranking conferences and journals
- Cooperate with leading universities and industrial research partners
- PhD or an excellent Master of Science degree, and experience in a related field
- PhDs should have a proven track record of excellent research and the ability to define a research agenda contributing to our vision
- Applicants holding a master’s degree have the possibility to pursue a PhD in cooperation with academic partner institutions
- Interdisciplinary experience combining formal reasoning with probabilistic and machine learning approaches is highly regarded
Please submit your application, your earliest starting date as well as your salary expectations online at:
or send your application to:
PME – Personal- und Managemententwicklung · Horst Mangold
Postfach 1334 · 55206 Ingelheim / Germany
Do you need more information? Mr Mangold will be happy to answer any questions
you may have at the following number: +49 (0) 61 32 / 899 040.