The Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB) is a non-university research institute under public law of the state of Berlin. The division "Mathematics for Life and Materials Sciences" is offering a
research position (f/m)
reference code: WA 04/18
The position is offered from 1st of March, 2018 or at the earliest possible date and will be a fixed-term contract for 2 years with the option to be extended.
pay grade E 13 TV-L Berlin (100%)
Together with one of the leading companies in the fashion industry, the possibilities of innovative fit analysis for garments will be investigated. In several closely related research projects at the ZIB, aspects of geometric modelling of garments, modelling of material properties and numerical simulation of deformation, as well as the realistic visualization of textiles are investigated. The research is carried out in close coordination and cooperation with a development team of the cooperation partner.
The following tasks have to be solved for the visualization of simulated garments:
- evaluation of various open source frameworks for high-quality rendering
- implementation of methods for photorealistic rendering of simulated clothing on given anatomies
- transfer of photographed textures to the model and use of empirically determined optical properties in rendering.
- master‘s degree or similar in computer science, mathematics, or physics
- good knowledge and skills in software development (C++, Phyton)
- very good knowledge and experience in computer graphics
- willingness and ability to analyse scientific publications
- good command of spoken and written English
Persons with disabilities will be given preference, when equally qualified.
Please send your application, quoting the reference code WA 04/18, including CV in tabular form and all relevant documents by February 25th, 2018 (date of receipt) to
Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)
– Administration –
Takustr. 7 | 14195 Berlin
or electronically as pdf-form to: email@example.com
Further information about the position can be obtained on our website www.zib.de or from Dr. Stefan Zachow (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).