Research Fellow (Post-doc) in Human-Robot Collaboration in ManufacturingResearch Field: robotics, technology; computer engineering
Type of contract: Fixed term, 24 months.
With possibility to extend as senior research fellow or tenure track, starting from Associate Professor position.
University of Tartu (UT) is among the top 3 best universities in emerging Europe and central Asia (QS EECA University Rankings 2018). The Institute of Technology at UT is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher/teacher in the field of human-robot collaboration with special focus on manufacturing related tasks (e.g., collaborative assembly, load assistance, kitting). The person is expected to conduct research in the field, supervise PhD students, and give lectures at university level.
Duties and responsibilities
To conduct research in the field of robotics and human-robot collaboration in manufacturing, to prepare and implement research projects under the supervision of senior staff; to supervise graduate and doctoral students; teaching up to one course per semester (2 hours per week) in the area of specialization. Participation in the work of decision-making bodies of the university is encouraged.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
Robotics and Computer science: PhD or equivalent
- REQUIRED LANGUAGES
- PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field
- Outstanding programming skills (C++ preferred)
- International peer-reviewed publications in the field of robotics, control theory, and/or artificial intelligence
- Excellent C++ skills
- Development experience with ROS
- Experience in applying machine learning and artificial intelligence in technological systems
- Excellent understanding of control theory
- Experience in giving lectures at university
- Salary up to 2700 €/month depending on the candidate‘s qualification and the level of experience + 600 €/month Family Allowance. Funding is available through the IT Academy programme funded by the Estonian Government via HITSA foundation.
- Opportunity to work in modern environment on advanced technology
- Estonia has social security system that provides access to free medical services.
- University town based campus
- International, open minded society easy to integrate
Starting on as soon as possible but not later than 01.01.2019
In case of interest please contact for information and additional details:
Web site for additional job details