THE FRAUNHOFER INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS IIS AS OF NOW HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (F/M)
Do you have a passion for music or movies? Are you interested in developing the latest audio and media technologies and applying them to future products?
IN THE FIELD OF AUDIO AND MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
Then we have the right positions for you.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of entertainment electronics, communication and media technologies. You develop algorithms that will one day make mobile telephone conversations sound crystal-clear. You bring 3D-sound to television, cars and virtual reality applications. You will make sure that Hollywood can create and process digital motion pictures. And you develop production tools for lightfield recordings. These and many other exciting activities await you.
What we wish for in those positions
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
- Programming experience in C/C++ and/or MATLAB
- Ideally, knowledge of digital audio signal processing and the field of acoustics – alternatively, know-how in media production and image processing or experience in application development, particularly in Android or iOS environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, which is required for international collaboration
Fraunhofer IIS established a name for itself around the world thanks to the development of the mp3 and AAC audio codecs, which enable more than 10 billion devices worldwide. Furthermore, software solutions for the creation and playback of digital motion pictures have been developed at Fraunhofer IIS and we have made cinema digital thanks to the DCI test plan.
What we offer you
- The chance to participate in challenging development work on new audio and media technologies
- Diverse projects with a high degree of real-world applicability
- Personal development through training and education programs
- Work-life-balance (flexible working hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life)
- Equal opportunities for men and women in hiring and advancement
Hiring, salary and social benefits are structured in line with the German civil service collective bargaining agreement (TVöD).
The employment agreement will initially have a term of two years.
The position is also suited for first-time job seekers who have acquired prior knowledge and experience through internships or university research projects.
Severely handicapped and disabled persons will be given hiring preference in case of equally-qualified candidates.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
If we have piqued your interest, send your application in PDF format to Claudia Kestler-Böhm, email@example.com – with the reference number IIS-2017-31a. Please include a cover letter, school certificates, performance reports and references if available.
Additional information is available on our website: