Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Research Associate (m/f)
in Science Communication & Science Policy
German TV-L pay scale level E13, depending on funding approval fixed-term contract until 30.04.2021 according to section 2 (2) of the German Academic Fixed-Term Contract Act (WissZeitVG), full-time for two years, and then reduced to 80% for the remaining year unless additional funding has been acquired
Reference number 02/F1/18Your tasks:
- Self-reliant working in international research projects on upstream science engagement/Responsible Research & Innovation (RRI)
- Conducting comparative policy analyses in the area of RRI
- Planning, conducting and evaluating public engagement activities
- Analysing communication needs and constraints in certain specialised communities
- Developing, managing, and monitoring communication and marketing strategies and activities
- Online monitoring and event management; project administration
- Supporting exploitation and transfer of project results (reports; patenting, regulatory affairs, media relations)
- Collaborating with international partner institutions, and coordinate a Work Package
- Supporting in teaching in Science Communication at Bachelor and Master level, as well as CPD
- Methodologically supervising science communication research theses and projects
- Developing research proposals and managing collaboration in research and teaching
- Academic degree (Master level), ideally in science communication, otherwise in a comparable discipline such as communication/information science, STS etc.
- Pertinent work experience of at least three years in science communication, particuarly upstream public engagement activities
- Skills in and experience with quantitative and qualitative social science research methods; user skills in software tools for research such as R, Tableau, SPSS, MAXQDA
- Expertise and if possible practical experience in political communication for science and innovation, e.g. science policy advice, technology assessment, science advocacy, science diplomacy
- Good skills in work administration and organisation, including basic IT skills (MS Office, CMS, Social Media, post-production of audio-visual content)
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including very good English language skills, at least C1 under CEFR
- Teaching experience in tertiary education, ideally in science communication
- Possibly training and/or experience in grant writing and research project management