Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Research Associate (m/f)Salary group 13 TV-L to support research and teaching with half the regular weekly working time. The position is limited to three years. This position as part of the professorship in Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies gives you the opportunity for further qualification/to pursue a doctoral degree ("Promotion") within the employment period. We expect applicants (m/f) to submit a project outline of their intended research topics (maximum of three pages) along with a cover letter with their application. In research and teaching the professorship of Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies focuses on the topics of urban culture, cultural heritage discourse, and cultural heritage institutions, especially museums. Moreover, it supervises the university collections on urban planning and architectural history. It is conceived as a cross-disciplinary service to all degree programmes at HafenCity University, and together with the degree programme "Culture of the Metropolis", gives an added dimension to urban research. What will be your duties?
Your duties will include teaching up to 2 semester hours per week and research in one of the following fields:
- Cultural heritage, urban and building culture, monument preservation, museum studies
- Completed university degree in the architectural field, emphasising monument preservation, historical studies, cultural anthropology, European ethnology, or a comparable degree with an appropriate emphasis
- An excellent knowledge of English
- A clear willingness to work across disciplinary and institutional boundaries
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Experience working for museums, exhibitions, or in monument preservation
- Practical experience as a curator (m/f)
- Relevant experience collaborating with cultural partners (in cooperative projects, for example)
- An internship or voluntary work at a museum