Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Lucerne School of Engineering and Architecture is the leading educational and research institution in its field in Central Switzerland. The School offers practical bachelor’s and master's degree programs and a variety of continuing and executive education programs, and also carries out applied research and development. It is one of six Schools making up the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts with its 1,600-plus staff and around 10,800 degree and continuing education students. The competence centre Thermal Energy Storage (TES) focuses on energy storage technologies on a material and component level as well as on energy system analysis and optimization. We are involved in the national research network «Swiss Competence Center for Energy Research (SCCER) Storage of Heat and Electricity». We are looking for a person to join the Institute of Mechanical and Energy Engineering (IME) as a junior researcher starting in on 01.09.2017 or upon agreement
Research Associate (Chemist or Material Scientist) 100%Your responsibilities
- Synthesis of novel thermal energy storage materials (focus on esters)
- Measurements of thermophysical properties using analytical methods and analysis/interpretation of results
- Design and execution of material compatibility and material stability tests
- Material optimization through the use of additives
- Co-authoring scientific articles and participation in academic conferences
- Co-supervising bachelor and master theses
- If desired: Participation in teaching
- If desired: Possibility to pursue a Ph.D
- Master's degree in Chemistry or Material Science
- Deep knowledge in organic chemistry
- Experience with material synthesis and thermal analytical methods desired
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken. Good German skills desired
- Project management, presentation skills, rapid familiarization with new topics
- Creative, team-minded, communicative and eager for knowledge
- Enthusiastic about energy topics and tackling complex problems
We offer a high-responsibility, high-variability position in an innovative field of research. You will be part of a motivated and open-minded team and will have access to modern laboratory infrastructure and a large national/international network. You will have the opportunity to enhance your technical knowledge, gain valuable experience and to contribute your own ideas and know-how in an interdisciplinary and creative way. The working place is situated in the attractive location in Horw/Lucerne. For further information, please contact Dr. Anastasia Stamatiou, +41 41 349 3 297 or visit www.hslu.ch/technik-architektur. The application date will end on August 11th.