Technische Universität Berlin offers an open position:
Research Assistant - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulenunder the reserve that funds are granted - part-time employment may be possible Faculty IV - Research Center for Microperipherics Reference number: IV-172/18 (starting at the earliest possible / until 31 july 2020 / closing date for applications 04/05/18) Working field: Within a third-party funded research project the TU Berlin will develop a distributed monitoring system for power lines. Research work will be carried out in the field of integration of vision based monitoring concepts in energy autarkic sensor networks.
The research focus of TU Berlin lays on design and implementation of software for operating systems in the field of networked sensor systems with special consideration of low power design as well as analysis and modeling of software architectures for the realization of highly efficient distributed sensor systems. The vacancy is based on the Research Center for Microperipherics (FSP). The FSP is one of the leading research facilities for Electronic Packaging worldwide. Our research is based on both close national and international cooperations. There is a successful strategic collaboration with the Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration (Fraunhofer IZM). Requirements:
- successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in Computer Engineering or equivalent
with focus on operating systems, embedded systems or distributed systems
- knowledge of programming languages such as C, C ++ or C #
- ideally a specialization in the field of embedded self-sufficient systems such as RTOS or embedded Linux
- favorably knowledge in the fields of digital circuit design, sensor technology and electronics production
- willingness to assume project responsibility and interest in extending a work group
- good teamwork and resilience
- very good command of German and English (written and spoken)
Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.