Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Research Assistant / Associate (Full-time at level TV-L 13)
Reference number: 02/18This post is fixed-term until 31 July 2020, with no option for extension. Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this post will undertake research for the BMBF-funded research project "Film Circulation on the International Film Festival Network and the Impact on Global Film Culture". You will:
- undertake research on the project under the direction of the Supervisor,
- participate in the development of a framework, methods and tools to support the project outcomes,
- design evaluative instruments, collect and analyze project data,
- draft reports on the project,
- coordinate research related activities and participate in the definition of research directions,
- provide support for enhancing the project website and other online presences.
You should be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment of sociologists, film and media studies and digital humanities scholars. This requires conducting an online survey to collect data on the festival run of films, communicating with industry professionals, collating and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, develop festival categories based on the knowledge of current film festival and media industries studies theories, support the development of a database, analytical tools and visualization models for the analysis of the festival runs (technical knowledge not required) and contribute to the data and written outputs. You will write up research work for publication in high profile journals and engage in public dissemination. Further information:
In accordance with § 49 Abs. 3 BbgHG (Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz) a postgraduate degree in a discipline relevant to the project (film, media or communication studies, sociology, ethnography, digital humanities or related fields) is required. The position also requires:
- a willingness to familiarize yourself with the research field, including a variety of methods (e. g. digital cultural data, statistics, data visualization) as well as the theories and topics of the research project (e.g. film festivals, distribution, media industries, film studies, global art cinema/world cinema),
- an excellent command of English (spoken and written),
- a team player with excellent communication skills.
- a (good or excellent) PhD in Media or Communication Studies or another field relevant to the project,
- working knowledge of German,
- professional research experience,
- good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods,
- knowledge of statistical analysis,
- familiarity with spatial data platforms and data visualization packages (please specify),
- exceptional communication and interpersonal skills,
- proven ability to understand, liaise and manage the needs of broad and complex stakeholder groups with diverse viewpoints,
- proven ability to build professional relationships and work collaboratively.
The Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF is fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strives for an equal gender balance in all occupation groups. Therefore, for this post the Film University specifically encourages applications by qualified women. In cases of equal qualification, applications by disabled persons will be preferred. If applicable, please mention your disability status in your application. Application
We ask candidates to formulate their vision about how to implement gender equality within their research and how to support it in everyday academic life. Please include the following documents: description of your professional development, a CV, experience/employment records, certificates (school, university degrees), list of publications, contact information (phone). Please send your application stating the reference number 02/18 by 19 March 2018 strictly via email to: Filmuniversität Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
Dezernat 1 – Personal- und Rechtsangelegenheiten
Marlene-Dietrich-Allee 11, 14482 Potsdam
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Only applications sent as one PDF file will be considered.