in Management and Economics with a focus on Bioeconomy
as W2 Tenure Track Assistant Professor (with tenure track option to W3)
We seek to appoint outstanding experts in the following research areas:
or W3 Associate/Full Professor - open rank mode
- Economics: Interface of economics and sustainability (e.g. environmental and resource economics, energy economics, macro-economic impacts of use of regenerative energy and resources, sustainability in the developing economies, experimental economics)
- Finance and Accounting: Finance and accounting in biotech industries, green finance, sustainable finance and accounting with a focus on holistic assessment
- Governance and Economic Policy: Sustainability-oriented economic policy, required institutional settings and processes of management and regulation (e.g. sustainability assessment, evaluation of sustainability-oriented economic policy measures)
- Innovation and Technology Management: Innovation management (e.g. focusing on energies, biotechnology, resources, open innovation, sustainable entrepreneurship)
- Supply and Value Chain Management: Value chains related to renewable energies, biotechnology and resources (e.g. supply network planning, operations research, digital transformation, sustainable supply and value chain management and controlling)
- Circular Economy: Research on the economical mechanisms related to material flows and their optimization (e.g. raw materials, biomass, water, waste, energy)
The faculty positions belong to the TUM Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability and will be cross-appointed to the TUM School of Management. This Campus provides a dynamic academic environment with a rapidly growing number of faculty, students and staff, as well as laboratory and research facilities. Our aim is to make the campus the leading European center in the field of Bioeconomy focusing on biomass utilization for chemical and material use, on environmentally sound biotechnological and chemical conversion technologies, related economic, social and political aspects and frameworks. The research and teaching activities benefit from the scientific environment of the TUM departments, many of which have potential and promising cross-references to the field of Bioeconomy. Responsibilities
The responsibilities include research and teaching as well as the promotion of early-career scientists. The teaching commitment includes interdisciplinary bachelor and master courses in Management and Technology as well as Biogenic Resources, explicitly in the newly established specialization "Renewable Resources" in the Bachelor in Management & Technology. The program is under extension, with Bioeconomy BSc/MSc courses being planned to start 2018/19. Qualifications
We are looking for candidates with a university degree, an outstanding doctoral degree and additional qualification in academia or industry. They should merit excellent achievements in research and teaching in an internationally recognized scientific environment, regarding the relevant career level. Pedagogical aptitude, including the ability to teach in English, is mandatory. Our Offer
Based on best international standards and transparent performance criteria, TUM offers a merit-based academic career option for tenure track faculty from Assistant Professor through a permanent position as Associate Professor, and on to Full Professor. The regulations of the TUM Faculty Recruitment and Career System apply. The new professors get involved into the fast-growing Straubing Campus, with the chance to contribute to its development. Furthermore, TUM offers attractive and performance-based salary conditions and additional social benefits.
The professors to be recruited for the Straubing Campus are committed to take residence in that region. The TUM Munich Dual Career Office provides career consulting to the partners of newly appointed faculty as well as relocation and integration services. Your Application
TUM is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we explicitly encourage applications from women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
Application documents should be presented in accordance with the guidelines covered by the TUM Appointment and Career System: http://www.tum.de/faculty-recruiting Please send your application no later than 30 June 2017 to Technical University of Munich - The President · Arcisstraße 21 · D-80333 München (Germany) · Email: email@example.com.