Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) pools its three core tasks of research, higher education, and innovation in a mission. With about 9,400 employees and 25,000 students, KIT is one of the big institutions of research and higher education in natural sciences and engineering in Europe. The Communications Engineering Lab (CEL) within KIT Division 3 - Mechanical and Electrical Engineering - is seeking to fill the following position at the earliest date possible:
Professorship (W3) of Communication SystemsWe are looking for a personality representing the subject “Communication Systems” in research and in education. Candidates should have a proven expertise in several of the following fields:
- Mobile communications and cellular networks (e.g., LTE, 5G)
- Ad hoc networks (e.g., car-to-car communications)
- Resource efficiency and optimization in communication systems
- Software Defined Radio and Cognitive Radio
- Secure and robust communications (e.g., industry 4.0, smart factory, smart grids)
- Radio-based navigation and localization
- Optical networks and communication systems,
- Application of methods based on information theory (in communications)