Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
W2 Professorship in Business Administration
starting October 1st, 2018. The professorship is expected to strengthen education and research in the Information & Operations
Management group and to contribute to the profile of the university and to the planned international faculty for digital studies.
The ideal candidate is expected to
in the area of Business Analytics
- have a pronounced interest in research, proven by the publication of research outcomes in top-tier international journals,
- have an expertise in Data Mining, Big Data and Quantitative Methods,
- ideally conduct research with a focus on applications of the above mentioned methods in the context of Business Informatics, Operations Management and Social Media and which is linked to the research of the other members of the Information & Operations Management group,
- have experience in the development and advancement of third-party funded research,
- complement and strengthen education and research in the Information & Operations Management group,
- be interested in interdisciplinary research questions,
- teach in English and German (The European University Viadrina expects the successful candidate to acquire, within two years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in Bachelor programs and participation in committees)
- be willing to integrate aspects of gender and diversity into teaching and research,
- engage in academic self-administration,
- ideally deal with the development of the research area in Central and Eastern Europe.
Dekan der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät
Prof. Dr. Christian Almeder