Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C2DH) a
Professor in Contemporary European History (m/f)
- Full-time contract
- Employee status
The candidate will be a member of the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C2DH), which is one of the three Interdisciplinary Centres of Luxembourg University. The C2DH is a research centre for the study, analysis and public dissemination of contemporary history of Luxembourg and Europe with a particular focus on digital methods and tools for doing innovative historical research. It serves as a catalyst for innovative and creative scholarship and new forms of public dissemination and societal engagement with history in Luxembourg.
Within the Centre, the candidate will take on research activities in the field of Contemporary European History. The candidate should have an outstanding research track and expertise in at least two of the following topics or fields:
- role of experts and technocrats in the "hidden" integration of Europe;
- economic, social, political and cultural history of Europe in the 20th century in a transnational perspective;
- mediatization of politics and societies in the process of accelerated modernization;
- Western and Central/Eastern European history in a transnational and/or global perspective.
The candidate will have teaching obligations in the Bachelor "European Cultures" (BCE) and Master (MAHEC) programme "Contemporary European History" at the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts & Education (FLSHASE). In addition, he/she will contribute to the doctoral education / PhD supervision, participating at the FLSHASE Doctoral School and the Doctoral Training Unit on « Digital History and Hermeneutics ».
- PhD in Contemporary European History
- a minimum of five years of post-doctoral / senior lecturer experience acquired in a university or comparable research centre
- experience of working in different academic cultures and active involvement in international networks
- an excellent track record of publications (peer-reviewed international journals, academic monographs)
- extended university-level teaching experience at BA, MA and doctoral education level
- good digital literacy and / or experience in public history / outreach activities
- experience with writing grant / research proposals
- administrative experience, preferably in the administration of research projects / head of research units
- organizational talent and entrepreneurial spirit
- capacity of working in multi-lingual environment
Candidates are asked to send a hard copy only by postal mail of their full application (in French, German or English) until 15th of February 2017 mentioning the job opening reference number and including the following documents:
- motivation letter ;
- curriculum vitae ;
- copies of diplomas ;
- list of publications ;
- copies of 3 recent publications relevant for the field in question;
- list of courses taught.
Prof. Dr. Andreas Fickers
Director of the Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History
Maison des Sciences Humaines
11, Porte des Sciences
Tel. +352 46 66 44 9324
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunities employer