Professor/Associate Professor/ Lecturer in Spatial Design and Visual Representation
Architecture and Urban Design Program
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to commence in the spring term 2018 (February) or winter term 2018/2019 (September):
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities, and contribute to shaping this young architecture and urban design program. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching in:
- Visual Design
- Spatial Design
- CAD/CAM (computer aided design and modeling)
- Design Studios and electives (Graduate Program)
- Candidates should hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. in the field of visual design or equivalent practical and teaching experience. The language of teaching is English.
- Commitment to engage in interdisciplinary studies, research and collaboration with academies of arts
- Visual Design: Image processing, layout and vector-based illustration programs (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Experience and demonstrated interest in interactive media are desirable.
- CAD/CAM and 3D modeling software
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/ by referencing posting: #ref CAI–II6.4
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)