Professor/ Associate Professor/ Lecturer in Contract Law and Legal Methodology
The German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Program of Law and Legal Studies
The German University in Cairo is seeking highly qualified full-time academic staff to teach introductory and advances courses within the Program of Law and Legal Studies for the academic year 2017/2018.
This program is designed for students interested in developing a strong and important understanding of law and relations of governance.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate level courses in the fields of Private Law such as:
- Contract Law (UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, Principles in Civil and Common Law)
- Legal Methodology (interpretation, judge-made law)
- Legal History (Principles of Roman Law)
- Introduction to Private International Law (International Law of Contract, International Law of Property)
- Legal Research and Drafting of Contracts
- International Business Transactions
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Moot Court and Arbitration Proceedings
- Doctorate degree with teaching experience, publications, research and Industry experience in related areas.
- Strong academic interest and teaching experience, with strong student’s orientation.
- Active in the business and legal community (through association memberships, consulting, publications)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: http://www.guc.edu.eg/
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, please submit your applications by October 24th 2016.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)