Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Professor/Lecturer - Design TheoryThe German University in Cairo - GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancy to be filled by September 2017:
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join Design Theory Department. Successful candidates will contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching of Theory courses offered to all students in Foundation and in the three majors of Product Design, Graphic Design and Media Design. The applicant should have a track record of research, teaching or publishing in at least two of the following areas:
Theories of Sustainable Design, Social Design, Design Thinking and related areas
- Professor applicants should hold a PHD degree or master degree with relevant academic references in related areas
- Lecturer applicants should hold a master degree or German diplom in a related area.
- Applicants for a position of a Professor should have a minimum 8 years of practical experience and 5 years of teaching experience.
- Applicants for a position of a Lecturer should have a minimum 5 years of practical experience and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English, which is the teaching language.
- Strong skills in delivering knowledge and teaching content related to Design Theory on a Graduate and Premaster Level. Professors are invited to supervise Master Projects.
- Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education-excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
- Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees directly to the HR email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by referencing in the subject the position of interest.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)