Conserving – Exploring – ExploitingThe IPK is one of the world‘s leading international institutions in the field of plant genetics and crop science. Its research program and services contribute significantly to conserving, exploring and exploiting crop diversity. Its research goals are driven by the need to ensure an efficient and sustainable supply of food, energy and raw materials, thereby addressing a major global ecological challenge.
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f)
in the Field of Plant Meiosis
Naturwissenschaftler, Biologe (m/w)
The independent research group Meiosis is
interested in the process of plant meiosis that generates genetic variation through homologous recombination. To support our team, we are looking
for a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate.
Molekularbiologie, Zellbiologie, Biochemie
als Postdoktorand - Pflanzenforschung Meiose
- As a member of the team, you are responsible for executing studies focused on the identification and functional analysis of posttranslational modifications of meiotic chromosome axis and synaptonemal complex proteins in Arabidopsis and barley.
- You will perform molecular cloning and plant transformations using biochemical and cytological methods.
- You will communicate with cooperation partners.
- You will present results at scientific meetings and write journal articles. Your qualifications and skills:
- You are completing or have obtained a Ph.D. degree in the field of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- You have a strong publication record.
- You have experience with plant models, molecular and cell biological techniques and/or biochemistry.
- Experience in the field(s) of meiosis and/or posttranslational protein modifications is highly desirable but not required. In general, quality of past research is more important than experience in a specific field.
- You possess solid English skills.
- You are fascinated by plant biology and a highly-motivated person with team spirit.
- You want to build a career in science and you have a strong drive to succeed.
- You can organize your work independently.
- You have previously demonstrated the capacity to master the broad skill set necessary for the successful completion of a research project.
- You want to become a member of a young and dynamic team.
- The opportunity to work in a world-class research centre with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world
- A friendly and productive working atmosphere
- A project-based position within an ERA-CAPS consortium, offering excellent scientific collaborations and providing a unique opportunity to deepen and broaden your research profile and advance your independent academic career
- A position, starting July 1st, 2018 or later, limited for 36 months
- A gross salary up to 100 % E13 TV-L
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and thus explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability are given preference. Your application:
We are looking forward to receiving your online application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers) until May 27th, 2018. If you have questions or require more information, please contact Ms Jacobi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate the reference number 25/03/18 in your correspondence.