Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute – (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel antibiotics. The Transfer Group Anti-infectives encourages talented and highly gifted candidates to apply for a
Postdoc Position: Molecular Probesstarting on 1st of April 2018 for three years initially. The successful candidate will work within a research project on the identification of a metabolic target of a novel small molecule antibiotic. The project is funded by the Free State of Thuringia. Main topics of the project will include:
- Synthesis of small molecule antibiotic analogues
- Utilization of click chemistry and crosslinking methods in complex mixtures (cell lysates & living cells)
- Introduction of clickable handles, reactive moieties and affinity tags
- Development of novel bioconjugation methods
- Purification of proteins and probe-target conjugates
- Identification of target proteins by MALDI and other MS-based techniques
- Development of novel enzymatic assays