Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - (HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and identifies targets for the development of novel natural product-based antibiotics. The Department of Biomolecular Chemistry encourages talented and highly gifted candidates to apply for a
Postdoc position (Medicinal Chemistry)starting from May for 24 months initially. The successful candidate will work within the framework of a research project funded by the Leibniz Association on drug discovery with novel antibiotic concepts. Main topics of the project will include:
- Organic synthesis involving natural products
- Development of site specific coupling strategies for small molecules
- Isolation and purification of high quality compounds
- Analysis of structure-activity-relationships
- State of the art physicochemical characterization
- Pharmacological profiling (interpretation of in vitro data & bioactivity)