Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
1 PostDoc (m/f)Tasks:
Within the frame of the DZD funded research on the genetic and epigenetic risk factors for the development of type 2 diabetes and associated cardiometabolic traits will be evaluated in the population-based EPIC-Potsdam cohort study. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with high-density genotype and epigenetic data (including genome-wide arrays, epigenomewide DNA-methylation arrays, ExomeChip), to develop their own research projects within the translational research of the DZD and to participate in largescale international collaborations. Skills and requirements
- Exceptionally qualified applicants from academic backgrounds in an appropriate discipline e. g. genetic epidemiology, epidemiology, statistical genetics and PhD degree
- Expertise with statistical genetic software packages and programming languages for large genomic data sets
- Research experience in genetics of diabetes and cardiometabolic traits would be an asset
- Highly motivated and the desire to interact with different national and international research groups
- Very good knowledge of the english language (spoken and written)
- Solid publication record
Please send your application, including conventional documents and names with contact information for references with the reference no. 2017_W05_A, until latest 31.05.2017 to:
Human Resources and Social Services
or per e-mail to email@example.com
For further information please do not hesitate to contact:
Prof. Dr. Matthias Schulze, Head of the Department Molecular Epidemiology, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org