Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
- collect and analyse micro-level survey data on horticulture and food security
- analyse the Life in Kyrgyzstan Study data for coping strategies and welfare impacts at the individual and household levels
- design, implement and analyse impact evaluations including randomized control trials
- contribute to the design and writing of grant applications from donors like the DFG, EU and research foundations
- present research findings internally and externally at conferences and research seminars
- co-organise the annual LEADS event
- publish project results in leading journals in agricultural and development economics and in general-interest (multi-disciplinary) journals
- interact with our academic and policy-oriented partners and collaborators
- A PhD in development economics
- An excellent academic record
- Experience in international economic development, in particular at the micro level
- Experience working on conflict-affected and fragile areas
- Experience in working with panel data and impact evaluations
- Excellent quantitative skills in advanced micro-econometric software like Stata and/or R
- Experience in developing and writing grant proposals
- An interest in horticultural production systems and processes
- Excellent English communication skills
- Additional language proficiency would be an advantage.
- A demanding job in an interdisciplinary environment
- Support for young researchers
- An attractive workplace in the Berlin area