Commencing, May 2018 there is a job opening in the Center for Laser-Materials (ZLM) at the IKZ
Post-doctoral researcher (m/f)
Growth and characterization of oxide laser materialsJob description:
The main tasks are the growth of rare-earth doped oxide laser materials by the Czochralski- and the optical floating zone method as well as the optical characterization of these crystalline materials.
This characterization includes spectroscopic analyses as well as the investigations on the laser characteristics of the grown materials. The labs of the Center for Laser Materials are currently set up, therefore we also expect participation in setting up new and improving existing growth and characterization facilities. Furthermore, the candidate will be involved in project acquisition.
The aim of the research performed in this position is the development of new and the optimization of the structural and optical quality of known laser materials for applications in novel laser systems in industry and research.
- Studies of physics, photonics, chemistry or a related topic and a PhD in this field
- Experience in the field of crystal growth, optical spectroscopy and laser characterization
- Good knowledge of English language, basic knowledge of German language
- Practical experience in hard- and software (Labview) required for electronic data acquisition
- Hands-on mentality and goal-oriented, collaborative work style in a team of researchers and technicians.
For information about the project contact:
Dr. Christian Kränkel, email@example.com,
Tel.: +49-(0)30 6392 3019
We await your informative application with reference to the job number 01/18, including the usual documents, by March 1st, 2018. Please send them to Mrs. Ruthenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org