Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Reference number: 14/2017/2
- analyses of microbial communities in plant and soil samples using culture dependent and independent methods (e.g., metagenome, metatranscriptome)
- functional and taxonomic characterization of bacterial and fungal communities including plant pathogenic microorganisms
- bioinformatic analyses and interpretation of datasets such as amplicon sequence data
- publication in international journals and presentation of research results
- acquisition of project funds, scientific supervision of projects related to the topics and project management
- supervision of bachelor and master students
- the candidate should have a PhD in microbiology, phytopathology, molecular biology, cell biology or microbial ecology
- knowledge in analyses of microbial communities with culture dependent and independent methods
- experience in bioinformatic analyses of omics-datasets
- experience in supervision of technicians
- the ability to work in a team and very good communication skills in English
- an interesting position in fundamental plant science and microbiology with applied aspects for horticultural production systems