Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Leibniz Institute for Crystal Growth (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of crystal growth of technologically important materials for micro-, opto- and power electronics, sensors, optics and laser technology. This ranges from explorative fundamental research to pre-industrial development. It is part of Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. and a member of the Leibniz Association. You may find more details at www.ikz-berlin.de. We are offering a
PhD Student Position (m/f)for the topic:
“Development of a crucible-free growth process for monocrystalline silicon”The PhD work is a part of the research project: “Silizium Granulat Eigentiegelverfahren (SiGrEt)”, and funded by the Leibniz association. Goal of the project is the development of a novel crystal growth method for silicon, with crystal properties suitable for the solar- and semiconductor industry. Job description:
- Experimental development of an inductively heated zone melting process.
- Evaluate different concepts for process improvement, with regard to physical, technical and economic feasibility.
- Analysis of grown material for defects and impurities.
- Presentation of results at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- Applicants must have a master degree in physics or engineering in a related field with relevant experience.
- Prior knowledge in the field of growth and characterization of semiconductor crystals is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Good English language skills written and oral.
- Good experimental skills and interest in applied sciences.
We await your informative application with reference to the job number K13/17, including the usual documents, by January 22nd, 2018. Please send them to: