PhD Student Position (m/f)for the topic:
“Development of a crucible-free growth process for monocrystalline silicon”The PhD work is a part of the research project: “Silizium Granulat Eigentiegelverfahren (SiGrEt)”, and funded by the Leibniz association. Goal of the project is the development of a novel crystal growth method for silicon, with crystal properties suitable for the solar- and semiconductor industry. Job description:
- Experimental development of an inductively heated zone melting process.
- Evaluate different concepts for process improvement, with regard to physical, technical and economic feasibility.
- Analysis of grown material for defects and impurities.
- Presentation of results at international conferences and in scientific journals.
- Applicants must have a master degree in physics or engineering in a related field with relevant experience.
- Prior knowledge in the field of growth and characterization of semiconductor crystals is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Good English language skills written and oral.
- Good experimental skills and interest in applied sciences.