Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
12 PhD membershipsThe programme period for new members begins on October 1, 2017. The IPP offers a clearly structured and research-oriented doctoral programme of high academic standard. Its curriculum is tailored to suit the needs of national and international postgraduate students and facilitates the completion of the doctoral degree within three years, while at the same time ensuring the academic quality of the PhD. Participating departments include English and American Studies, German Studies, Romance Studies, Slavic Studies, Comparative Literary Studies and Theatre Studies. The languages of instruction are English and German. The IPP constitutes an international meeting point for postgraduate students and scholars of diverse academic backgrounds and has thus established a lively context for stimulating academic debates. It is committed to cutting-edge research in four key areas in the field of Literary and Cultural Studies: Literary and Cultural Theory, Genre Theory, Literary and Cultural Historiography, Comparative and Interdisciplinary Issues. As a member of the IPP you are entitled to:
- participate in the IPP's curriculum and the GGK/GCSC study programme, which consists of a wide range of courses tailored to suit your needs, including bi-weekly graduate colloquia, workshops, master classes with top ranking international scholars as well as courses offered by the GGK/GCSC Career Service and the GCSC Teaching Centre;
- apply for travel grants for research and conference trips;
- receive support and guidance in all matters relating to the PhD throughout your membership;
- benefit from excellent opportunities to gain international conference, publishing and teaching experience;
- pursue independent research in the GGK research and working groups;
- rely on expert scholarship advice, helping you to secure funding for your postgraduate studies.
The main selection criteria are the candidates' academic qualifications, the academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the IPP's research programme. If you are interested in applying to the IPP, please submit the following documents:
- a covering letter stating your motivation for applying to the IPP, addressing how your project fits with the IPP profile, and mentioning two potential supervisors at JLU
- curriculum vitae with a detailed description of your academic profile
- copies of all relevant school-leaving/university entrance certificates and university degree certificates (including transcripts of records)
- a copy of your diploma/MA thesis
- two letters of reference from a university teacher providing information about your academic qualifications
- an outline of the dissertation project of no more than 10 pages as well as an indication of the time-frame envisaged for the completion of the project
International PhD Programme (IPP) „Literary and Cultural Studies“
Giessen Graduate School for the Humanities (GGK)
Justus Liebig University Giessen
Alter Steinbacher Weg 38, 35394 Giessen, Germany
For further information on how to apply please visit our website, http://ipp.uni-giessen.de, or contact us at email@example.com.