Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
PhD (Doctoral Candidate) positions (m/f)
The objectives of the research programme are to improve the understanding and the performance of materials used in sensing and energy harvesting. The medium to long-term research objective is to enable new applications and improved performance.
The Doctoral Training Unit is organised in four thematic clusters: three application oriented clusters - (A) strain sensors and energy harvesters, (B) electronic sensors and energy harvesters, and (C) bio-sensing - are supported by a transversal cluster on (D) electronic structure theory.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- Master‘s degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science
- Strong background in at least one of the fields of the clusters
- Good English language skills
- Willingness to work in an inter-cultural and international environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Curiosity and self-motivation
- A dynamic and well-equipped research environment
- Intensive training in scientific and transferable skills, participation in schools, conferences and workshops
- Three-year (fixed term) employee contract at UL or LIST, extensible to four years
- Enrollment as a PhD student in the Doctoral School of Science and Engineering at UL
- Personal work space at UL or LIST (depending on project)
UL and LIST strive to increase the share of female PhD students. Therefore, we explicitly encourage women to apply.
Before proceeding with the submission of your application, please prepare the following documents in English.
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria. The motivation letter must clearly highlight your choice of research project (listed at http://pride-massena.lu). You can list up to three projects with priorities. Explain your choice.
- Publication list (if applicable)
- Coordinates of two persons willing to send a letter of recommendation
- Copies of diplomas, transcripts with grades, with English translation
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview or interviewed by phone.
The positions will remain open until filled. Please submit your application online on the following link: