Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Technical University of Munich
Ph.D. & Postdoc Positions in Discrete Optimization / Algorithmic Game Theory The Operations Research Group at Technische Universität München (TUM) is seeking exceptional, highly motivated talents with expertise or interest in algorithms, algorithmic game theory, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, machine learning, stochastic optimization, or a related subject. About us TUM is ranked among the best universities in the world. Its highly renowned math, computer science and economics departments provide an excellent environment for both junior and more established researchers. The Operations Research Group (www.or.tum.de), headed by Alexander von Humboldt- Professor Andreas S. Schulz, has an international focus and maintains strong collaborations with leading scientists worldwide. Our offer
- Opportunity to work towards your Ph.D. or for postdoctoral research;
- Full-time positions with a flexible starting date;
- Two-year contract with the possibility of extension;
- Competitive compensation according to pay scale TV-L 13;
- Funds for conference travel, extended stays abroad, visitor programs, and other academic activities;
- A beautiful workplace in a city very close to the Alps, rich in culture and with ample opportunities for leisurely activities.
- Excellent grades and a degree in mathematics, theoretical computer science, operations research, or a related field;
- Adequate research experience;
- Interest in supporting the group’s teaching and educational responsibilities;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
For candidates with equal qualification, preference will be given to people with disabilities. Applications should include:
- Detailed CV;
- Brief statement of research interests and career aspirations;
- Names and contact details of at least three references.
Chair of Operations Research