Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
PDEng positions in Civil Engineering: Circular design techniques for future-proof viaducts.Specifications
Natural Sciences, Engineering
38.0 hours per week
maximum € 1828
University of Twente (UT)
The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) programme Civil Engineering offers you a 2-year position combining post MSc education and a design project to be carried out at Rijkswaterstaat.
The educational programme, carried out at the University of Twente, will have an in-depth and broadening character with ample attention for professional development and will be partly tailored to the design project. In collaboration with Rijkwaterstaat you will work on high level, creative new designs for complex issues.
For the Dutch Highways Agency (asset manager of bridges and viaducts), it is important to get insights in which circular design techniques can be used most effectively in construction and replacement of bridges and viaducts in their main road network. Nowadays, it is observed more frequently that viaducts need to be replaced because they are not functional anymore while technically they’re still all right. If they were built in the past ’circular’, could they have now easily be adjusted or moved? What features are important for adaptation, but also what trends can be expected in the future (smart mobility) and are aspects that need to be examined.
The research questions of the project are:
- Which circular design techniques can be applied efficiently to make new viaducts future-proof?
- How can existing viaducts, which are no longer on their own site, be reused on another location?
- You hold a MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management & Engineering, Construction Engineering & Management, or a related discipline;
- You have demonstrated affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments;
- You have a passion for finding solutions for complex technological issues;
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- You are self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your own project;
Please send the following documents before 31-10-2017 through the link below:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- List with grades of courses attended
- References and, if applicable, a list of publications.
If you have any further questions about this vacancy of the PDEng programme in Civil Engineering, please contact Dr. J.T. Voordijk:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +31 53 489 4214
We offer a very challenging position for two years in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. In this time we will provide you with a tailor made post-master design programme that has an educational component (~50%) as well as a design project (~50%).
- A salary of € 1.828 gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: MIRA, CTIT, SBE and IGS.