Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Mercator Foundation Endowed Chair of Digital Sustainable Urban Transportstarting in April 2018 or later. Academic Environment at WHU
The Supply Chain Management Group consistently ranks among the top 10 research groups worldwide. The group’s faculty members publish research on a broad range of SCM related topics such as e-commerce, operations management, sustainable sourcing, sustainable supply chain management, service operations management, big data analytics in retail and operations management, and real options modelling. Job Description
- Developing a research agenda accelerating the evolution towards sustainable urban transport.
- Publishing high-quality research in the area of digitally-enabled sustainable urban transport.
- Teaching in all WHU programs (in English).
- Contributing to the development of the Supply Chain Management group as well as WHU at large.
- Establishing and fostering networks with international technology and science-driven institutions and organizations.
- Candidates must have a relevant Ph.D. degree or equivalent academic qualification (e.g., experience as Assistant Professor in logistics / transportation or entrepreneurship). We encourage candidates to apply that have practical experience in technology-related fields, business model development and digital technologies.
- We expect excellence in research reflected in an outstanding publication record in international peer-reviewed academic journals such as those of the FT50 list and a strong research pipeline targeted at publication in top international journals.
- We further value a proven track record of outstanding teaching at various levels. While an excellent command of English is necessary, knowledge of German is not required.