Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
The Global Young Academy (GYA) was founded in 2010 with the vision to be the voice of young scientists around the world. The GYA empowers early-career researchers to lead international and interdisciplinary initiatives and projects, and to engage in intergenerational dialogue by developing and mobilising talent from six continents. Its purpose is to promote reason and inclusiveness in global decision-making. Members are chosen for their demonstrated excellence in academic achievement and commitment to service. The GYA has 200 members selected for 5 year terms and a growing network of alumni from around the world and across the disciplines. The academy will be hosted at the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina from January 2017 on. The GYA is receiving core-funding from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and is supported by the InterAcademy Partnership (IAP). The GYA has also benefits from project funding from a variety of other donors and partners.
Start date: January 1, 2017.
Duration: four years
Location: German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina, Halle (Saale), Germany
Contract and salary: In accordance with the German labour agreement for public services TVöD, depending on the appointed candidate’s level of work experience (up to TVöD 13). Part – time 60%
The Media Officer will be in charge of media production as well as the support and development of the software, network resources and services required for GYA’s IT environment. We search for a person who is eager to learn with GYA about its growing opportunities and help to develop its global network.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• conceptualisation and production of digital and visual media, e.g. print- and online publications
• further development of the corporate design and house style
• maintenance and further development of the website and intranet of the GYA
• project management and liaising with the IT department of Leopoldina and cooperation with external service providers supporting the GYA with specialised tasks (such as
introduction of a CRM system), including issuing corresponding calls for bids
• maintenance and further development of digital tools for internal communication and collaboration
• support of the membership and working groups in the conceptualisation and implementation of new and improvement of existing media products and digital projects
• user support of (web-based) software tools in use within the organisation
• maintenance of (web-based) software tools (partially in cooperation with external service providers)
• strategic co-development of different GYA media channels
• technical management of digital communication channels e.g. twitter and facebook
• A completed academic education with at least a Master’s degree in a relevant subject
• Relevant professional experience in the area media production / design as well as media technology and IT infrastructure, demonstrated through a portfolio of relevant projects (online or as PDF)
• Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud products and relevant open-source tools
• Proficient in work with Wordpress and other web-based software
• Ideally prior knowledge in maintaining web-servers and web-based software products
• Experience with the introduction running and maintenance of CRM products (based on SQL) is appreciated
• Fluent command of English and German
• International interest and experience
• Teamwork ability and experience
• Intercultural sensitivity and competencies
• Excellent references and relevant prior experience
• Readiness to travel, mainly internationally
• Thorough knowledge of digital media, including social media platforms (experience in marketing strategies is welcome)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creativity, good presentation and organisational skills
The payment will be based on E 13 according to the German public wage agreement. The working time is 23,4 hours per week (60%).The contract will be limited to the term congruent with the current core-funding of the GYA (ending on 31 December 2020).
We expect possibilities for expansion and prolongation depending on future funding.
The GYA is an equal opportunities employer with commitment to a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from any nationalities who will fulfil all requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online using our online application form at www.leopoldina.org/de/jobs . The deadline for application is end of November 2016.
The Leopoldina is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Applicants who are non EU citizens and not citizens of Island, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland need a valid work permit.
For further information please consult www.globalyoungacademy.net or call 030/20370 631.