Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Job title: Legal Director
Contract type: Part Time (20 hours per week)
Location: Hoboken, USA or Weinheim, Germany
About the role:
We currently need a legal counsel for our business in Germany:
- As our legal representative for the German office, you will understand all aspects of the operation, establishing workflows and contract templates to allow the business to move quickly and efficiently.
- A strong negotiator, you will draft and review legal documents on a wide range of transactions and counsel on the affects of legislative changes, educating clients in the process.
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, including privacy and intellectual property issues, you will supervise the resolution of disputes or litigations within the business.
- Fluent German and a law degree are a must, as is at least three year’s legal experience in Germany including intellectual property, labor and privacy matters under local and EU law.
- We’ll expect technical expertise in contract drafting and contract and copyright law and policy, but what will really make you stand out will be your highly developed problem-solving skills.
- You will be able to analyze situations and come up with solutions whilst alerting the business of potential risks.
- A strong collaborative approach is essential as you will be a key partner between the US and German entities.
We work collaboratively, enjoy what we do, have opportunities to develop throughout our careers and the rewards are impressive. You can look forward to a competitive salary, defined contribution pension scheme, ample holiday time (pro rata), staff discounts and employee assistance program.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.