Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled during the academic year 2017/2018.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. He/She should have a previous professional and teaching experience in planning, designing, prototyping and presenting concepts for digital applications and services for mobile, tablets, desktop with an emphasis on high quality design skills, understanding of user experience, and the visual structure of information.
- Lecturer applicants should hold a master degree or German Diplom in a related area.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
- Candidates applying for Lecturer position should have at least 5 years of professional practice and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Background in programming and agile project development methods like SCRUM
- Theoretical background in user centered research methods and Service Design
- Practical background in connected user experiences and user engagement strategies
- Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education-excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
- Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences, and develop and nurture students‘ design abilities.
- Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Good organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees directly to the HR email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by referencing in the subject the position of interest.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)