Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled at the start of the academic year 2017/2018.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Product Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching with demonstrating experience in the major of Product Design. The applicant should have experience in one of the following disciplines:
1) Instructor: Foundation Courses (Form and Material, Form Generation) and basic courses (Presentation Techniques, Production techniques etc)
2) Lecturer: Product Semantics, Emotional Design, Furniture and/or Industrial Design related courses
- Both Lecturer/ Instructor applicants should hold a master degree or German diplom in a related area.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
- Applicants for a position of a Lecturer should have a minimum 5 years of practical experience and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English, which is the teaching language.
- Strong skills in delivering knowledge and teaching content related to Product Design on a Graduate and Premaster Level.
- Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education-excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
- Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences, and develop and nurture students‘ design abilities
- Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted using the below link by referencing posting: #ref. Die Zeit - II8.1.1
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)