Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
For the start in September 2017, MeInBio is now offering for 3 years
PhD positions // Postdoc positionWe are looking for junior researchers with expertise either in life sciences (molecular biology, cell biology, molecular medicine, biochemistry), or bioinformatics/informatics. Our dual education profile requires a strong interest for training in the respective other field. We offer
- Exciting modern research projects in well equipped laboratories using state-of-the-art technologies (stem, cancer and prokaryotic cells, single cell and high-throughput sequencing, high-resolution imaging, bioinformatics)
- Tandems between wet laboratory and bioinformatics groups with an at least three-month stay in the lab of the respective other field
- Different model organisms for conceptual learning and scientific exchange
- Professional and efficient supervision secured by a thesis advisory committee
- Regular courses in bioinformatics and wet laboratory techniques
- Additional "soft skills" courses and gatherings of all research training group members for scientific exchange
- Have an excellent recent university degree in one of the fields mentioned above
- Be passionate about science and highly motivated
- Have a strong affection to acquire both, biological and informatics knowledge
- Be fluent in written and spoken English