Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
International Office ManagerDepartment: Rectorate
Contract Type: Administrative - Full time
Closing Date: February 24, 2017
The German University of Technology in Oman (GUtech) was established in collaboration with RWTH Aachen University in 2007 in Muscat, the capital of the Sultanate of Oman. The vision of the German University of Technology in Oman is to become a leading university of technology in the wider region by building on the three pillars of education, research and innovation. Through its affiliation with RWTH Aachen University, the German University of Technology in Oman provides students with the education required to become highly qualified and socially responsible graduates, guided by German excellence and with a firm grounding in Oman’s culture and heritage. GUtech’s programmes of study are accredited by the German agency ACQUIN, and the University has recently undergone a successful evaluation by the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD. GUtech faculty also engage in local research projects, often in cooperation with RWTH Aachen University and other universities abroad. To widen the cooperation with regional and international institutions and to attract students from the regional and international market, GUtech invites applications for the following position:
1. Requirements and Competencies - Relevant academic degree (Bachelor or Master) in International Relations, Marketing or equivalent
- Excellent command of English and German
- Knowledge of Arabic an advantage
- Experience in International Academic Relations
- Flexibility, ready to travel nationally and internationally
- Very good communication skills
2. Tasks and Responsibilities
- Representing GUtech at international exhibitions
- Leading international recruiting efforts
- Developing a strategy for international cooperation
- Being a liaison person with international schools in Oman and abroad
- Cooperation with higher education institutions and agents abroad
- Increasing international student mobility
- Cooperation/networking with governmental authorities relevant for the work of the office
- Liaising with international partner institutions (esp. RWTH Aachen University)
- Liaising with the DAAD office regarding the administration of DAAD study grants and excursions.
- Preparation of visits of international delegations
- Developing activities for international students at GUtech in cooperation with Student Affairs.
The initial contract period is for 2 years, renewable. The salary is internationally competitive. Offers are subject to receiving Omani Ministry of Manpower labour permit, which will be arranged by the University.