Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Full Professorship (W3) in Forest Operations (Succession Prof. Jaeger)Fulltime position, start date: immediately
in the Department of Forest Sciences. This professorship is also particularly suitable for highly qualified early career researchers. The candidate should represent the field of Forest Operations in research and teaching. The focus will be on the analysis of processes and systems for the management and utilization of forests in the form of timber and biomass for energy. This includes the assessment of the effects of harvesting and associated operations on the natural environment and humans. The complete value chain, from wood harvesting to the marketing of different products should be considered under the following aspects:
- Investigation of forest supply networks including the development and management of production and administrative processes.
- Transfer of optimisation models for wood harvesting and logistics into spatially explicit decision models
- Use of new technologies to analyse forest stand structures relevant for wood harvesting as well as utilisation of large inventory data sets for the digitalization of wood provision from forests to processing facilities
- Technology impact assessment
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates of degrees and academic qualifications as well as references
- Complete list of papers and invited lectures specifying the 5 most important publications (as well as information about ORCID-ID, Google Scholar Citation Index or similar)
- List of current and previous projects including the financial support received
- Concept paper outlining future research and teaching foci (max. 1-2 pages)
http://www.zuv.uni-freiburg.de/formulare/berufungsleitfaden-en.pdf Please send in a complete and convincing application with all relevant supporting documents, including a printout of the application form [open here] and the reference number 10579, by 16.11.2017 at the latest. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form: Dekanat der Fakultät für
Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen
79106 Freiburg / Germany
email@example.com For further information, please contact Dekan Prof. Dr. Tim Freytag at Tel. 0761-203 3601 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For important legal information see here.