Sorry, but this job posting is no longer current.
Please search current job opportunities in education, research and development.
academics.com offers the largest choice of jobs and vacancies at universities and research institutes and in Research and Development in industry.
Full professor in Computer Architecture for Embedded Systems (CAES)Specifications
Professors, associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers
38.0 hours per week
maximum € 9246
University of Twente (UT)
We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, diverse international research and teaching environment. You get a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaboration with colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly supported.
- Your research will focus on the co-design of embedded system hardware and software for wireless communications, sensor networks, public safety systems and automotive.
- You will play a central role in teaching the embedded system architectures, modelling and tooling to students of all levels.
- You are going to be involved in curriculum and strategic developments for the master program of the four Dutch technical universities (4TU) on embedded systems.
- You will lead the scientific group within our university, consisting of 4.8 fte scientific staff members and 30 PhD students.
- a PhD and a research background in embedded systems.
- a strong publication record and a vision on future development of the field
- a passion to teach at all levels.
- a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities (’BKO’), or you are willing to obtain this.
- strong collaborative capabilities, management, administration, and communication skills.
- your enthusiasm to develop the research agenda of the CAES group, extend and maintain collaboration at departmental, national and international.
- an inspiring and excellent leader who is able to successfully work in a multidisciplinary research field.
Applications can be submitted before September 30, 2017. For more information please contact Prof. dr. P.M.G. Apers (dean of the Faculty EEMCS) (phone +31534894602, email email@example.com or Dr.ir. A.B.J. Kokkeler (temporary head of the CAES group (phone +31 534894291, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conditions of employment
We offer you a full time tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary (maximum € 9.246,- euro gross per month). You can find information about our excellent terms of employment at www.utwente.nl/en/hr/terms-of-employment such as:
- remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- a solid pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs.
We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science comprises three disciplines that craft Information and Communication Technology. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary on campus research institutes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our university. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.