Fellow Program for Urban Research at
HafenCity University Hamburg
Funded by ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius
Call for Applications:
Founded in 2006 the HafenCity University Hamburg solely focuses in
architecture, civil engineering, metropolitan development and urban
research. It combines the academic areas of engineering, the sciences,
the humanities and the social sciences as well as design and planning
under one roof in order to bring together all the areas of study and
research needed for the ’built environmen’.
The fellowships are open to experienced scholars and outstanding
postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities and from all fields of
urban research. The program aims at enabling the fellows to develop
new ideas for research projects in fields such as ’digital cities’, ’smart
cities’, ’technical innovations in civil engineering’, ’challenges of urban
societies’, ’design of urban environments’ etc.
The 3-month stay at HafenCity University Hamburg is meant to give
the fellows a period of complete freedom from all other obligations in
order to test their hypotheses, concepts or theories in discussions with
their colleagues in Hamburg. The fellows are expected to present their
research project during their stay, publish a paper or submit a proposal
for external funding in order to create a lasting cooperation with urban
research networks in Hamburg.
The fellowship includes
for 3-month research stays at
HafenCity University Hamburg in 2018.
- a 3-month research stay at the HafenCity University Hamburg;
- a monthly grant of 3.300 €;
- support in finding and financing an accommodation in Hamburg;
- a traveling expenses fee (1.500 €).
- certificate of doctoral degree;
- project proposal and work plan (one page) for a research idea in urban research (with relevance for Hamburg); possible date of arrival
- CV including a list of publications;
- two contacts for references.