HafenCity University Hamburg
Funded by ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius
Founded in 2006 the HafenCity University Hamburg solely focuses in architecture, civil engineering, metropolitan development and urban research. It combines the academic areas ofengineering, the sciences, the humanities at the social sciences as well as design and planning under one roof in order to bring together all the areas of study and research needed for the ‘built environment‘.
The fellowships are open to experienced scholars and outstanding postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities and from all fields of urban research. The program aims at enabling the fellows to develop new ideas for research projects in fields such as‘ digital cities‘,‘smart cities, ‘technical innovatiocs in civil engineering; ‘challenges of urban societies‘, ‘design of urban environments‘ etc.
The 3-month stay at HafenCity University Hamburg is meant to give the fellows a period of complete freedom from all other obligatiens in order to test their hypotheses, concepts or theories in discussions with their colleagues in Hamburg. The fellows are expected to present their reasarch project during their stay, publish a paper or submit a proposal for external funding in order to create lasting cooperation with urban research networks in Hamburg.
The fellowship includes
for 3-month research stays at
HafenCity University Hamburg in 2017.
- a 3-month research stay at the HafenCity University Hamburg;
- a monthly grant of 3.300 €;
- support in finding and financing an accommodation in Hamburg;
- a traveling expenses fee (1.500 €).
- certificate of doctoral degree;
- project proposal and work plan (one page) for a research idea in urban research (with relevance for Hamburg);possible date of arrival
- CV including a list of pubications;
- two contacts for references.