6 Doctoral Scholarshipswith a maximum duration of 3 years,
beginning January 1st, 2017
and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) offer
a joint doctoral programme in labour market research.
- We admit outstanding graduates from economics, sociology
or other social sciences who hold a master’s degree or diploma
and have a strong interest in labour market research.
- Doctoral students benefit from a professional research and
policy-consulting environment which enables them to apply their
knowledge in academic and applied empirical research. Students
are enrolled at FAU or at another university of choice.
- The course programme gives training on theoretical and empirical
methods at an advanced level. The courses are held in English.
- Scholarship holders are granted access to the IAB’s unique
data resources on employment and social security (administrative
and survey data).
- Applicants are asked to submit a proposal addressing
emprical and theoretical research questions in the field of
labour market research or the development of the
required statistical-econometric methods.
on the programme and on the
application process see: